First Meeting Attempts…
Overall it has been a struggle to contact the Vermillion Area Arts Council (VAAC). It has been very frustrating not only when we didn’t receive any emails back from Norma, but then when we contacted Micah and we did not hear back from him, so we tried a third time and we finally heard back from Steve a week after the email was sent. After we’ve went through three different people that are associated with this group, we have finally received an email back from Steve, which was a relief. We had a meeting set up after multiple email contacts set for Tuesday October 6, 2009 at 1:30 at the Heart and Soul Fitness in Vermillion. But when I opened up my email the next day I received an email from Steve stating that he now cannot meet on Tuesday and would like to reschedule the meeting for Wednesday, which does not work for me, so after all of these contacting I cannot make it to the first initial meeting. It has been very frustrating not only when we didn’t receive any emails back from Norma, but then when we contacted Micah we did not hear back from him, so we tried a third time and we finally heard back from Steve a week after the email was sent. This has shown me the importance of following through with your work when you are not the only person involved. It is very hard to get four college students to meet together with different schedules, but then you add in another person that has shown to be not very reliable it makes the whole group frustrated. I hope the VAAC comes through at the meeting on Wednesday and has ideas that they would like us to look as so we can start our project since we are already behind the rest of the class. I know that my other group members are bringing an idea in case they are not prepared so we will have something to fall back on. After our meeting with John Grayson it is now clear that we can bounce ideas off with the Yankton Area Arts Council, so that is also another relief. These two councils have many similarities and many differences that will play an important role in our client projects. When I took a look at our client organization and our class I now know that these people are not working for profit and that they must have many other obligations that come before meeting the needs of the IDEA 410 class. This shows that these organizations do need a lot of help and I hope that our group can bring a great deal of knowledge to this organization and help them become more organized, so other groups do not have this problem in the future. Overall it is hard for me to connect the information from the class to my organization because I have not met with my organization yet, but overall I am still excited to meet with the Vermillion Area Arts Council and get the ball rolling.
No comments:
Post a Comment